- Award recognizes Congressional leadership and vision on digital assets
- Nearly 30 members included for their initiative, engagement, and commitment
- Read more about the Crypto Council, follow @crypto_council, or contact the press office for additional comment
WASHINGTON, D.C. (September 20, 2022) – The Crypto Council for Innovation, the industry’s premier global alliance, will recognize forward-looking leaders with the presentation of its Digital Future Award at a reception in Washington, D.C. today.
The award is the first of its kind and acknowledges government leaders across the political spectrum for their initiative, engagement, and commitment to US leadership and a vibrant digital future.
“The Crypto Council is recognizing members of Congress who are first movers, leading the way on a complex and nuanced set of issues,” said Sheila Warren, CEO of the Crypto Council for Innovation. “It is going to take a broad effort to build and secure the foundation for our digital future. A growth-oriented approach to regulation and public policy will help us realize the promise of digital assets for all, and we commend these leaders for their support and engagement.”
The Crypto Council’s leadership worked in tandem with its member companies and industry experts to highlight these leaders in Congress and acknowledge the work being done to support growth and innovation in digital assets.
Recipients of Digital Future Award include:
- Senator Marsha Blackburn (R-TN)
- Senator Cory Booker (D-NJ)
- Senator John Boozman (R-AR)
- Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX)
- Senator Steve Daines (R-MT)
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY)
- Senator Bill Hagerty (R-TN)
- Senator Cynthia Lummis (R-WY)
- Senator Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ)
- Senator John Thune (R-SD)
- Senator Pat Toomey (R-PA)
- Senator Tommy Tuberville (R-AL)
- Senator Ron Wyden (D-OR)
- Representative Jake Auchincloss (D-MA)
- Representative Joyce Beatty (D-OH)
- Representative Ted Budd (R-NC)
- Representative Warren Davidson (R-OH)
- Representative Tom Emmer (R-MN)
- Representative Josh Gottheimer (D-NJ)
- Representative Brett Guthrie (R-KY)
- Representative Bill Huizenga (R-MI)
- Representative Ro Khanna (D-CA)
- Representative Doris Matsui (D-CA)
- Representative Patrick McHenry (R-NC)
- Representative David Schweikert (R-AZ)
- Representative Darren Soto (D-FL)
- Representative GT Thompson (R-PA)
- Representative Ritchie Torres (D-NY)
- Representative Maxine Waters (D-CA)
About the Digital Future Award
The Crypto Council for Innovation’s Digital Future Award recognizes policymakers who have shown a willingness to learn from and interact with the digital assets industry, have been consistently engaged in key issues, and demonstrated a collaborative approach to an issue that has a broad, bipartisan base of support across the country.
About the Crypto Council for Innovation
The Crypto Council is the premier global alliance for advancing innovation. It believes in leading with a global view, advocating for inclusive regulation, and developing evidence-based insights to support government and business leaders. It is headquartered in San Francisco and Washington, DC, with teams in New York, Denver, London and Hong Kong. For more information about the Crypto Council, visit our website at www.cryptoforinnovation.org.