- Award recognizes Congressional leadership and vision on digital assets
- Nearly 30 members included for their initiative, engagement, and commitment
- Read more about the Crypto Council, follow @crypto_council
This week in Washington has been a particularly exciting one for the Crypto Council as we recognized forward-thinking members of the House and Senate with the presentation of our Digital Future Award. We were pleased to host a reception on Capitol Hill to honor these members of Congress and converse with lawmakers, senior staff members, and other stakeholders in the crypto policy ecosystem.
This award is the first of its kind and recognizes government leaders across the political spectrum for their initiative, engagement, and commitment to U.S. leadership in this nuanced and complex space.
The award selection process was led by the Crypto Council. Among the list of honorees are policymakers who have been thought leaders on crypto in Congress, been consistently engaged in key areas, and demonstrated a collaborative approach on an issue that has broad, bipartisan support across the country.
The Crypto Council feels it is important to recognize these “first movers” in the policy arena as we expand awareness of the critical importance of crypto and web3 and engage with current and future champions of the digital assets revolution. We know it is going to take a broad effort to build and secure the foundation for our digital future. These members of Congress have demonstrated a growth-oriented approach to regulation and public policy that will be essential in reaching crypto’s full promise for all.
Innovation is changing our economy – and our society – at a rapid pace, and crypto is one of many new areas that policymakers and regulators are tackling. The degree of speed and complexity can make it difficult to grasp the scope of technology and services within the space. Core issues like crypto regulation and the definition of digital assets can take careful consideration over significant periods of time. This means that interaction, education, and dialogue are vital components of the journey toward thoughtful and effective policy.
The Crypto Council will continue to engage with policymakers and stakeholders to share evidence-based insights and data-driven solutions that can allow crypto to thrive and benefit everyone. One of the major roles the Council can play is to connect policymakers and staffers with best-in-class knowledge and practitioners who are working in this space every day. Next week, we are hosting a crypto policy workshop in Washington to bring experts from our member companies and key congressional aides together for further discussion and perspective.
Over the rest of this year and into 2023, we will continue to drive this kind of constructive dialogue between the public and private sectors on a consistent basis. Our goal is to ensure that the process of writing and passing crypto legislation features careful evaluation and assessment of real-world evidence. With this kind of approach, we can ensure that the U.S. remains a leader in this globally competitive industry and is positioned squarely at the cutting edge of the world’s digital future.
Recipients of Digital Future Award include:
- Senator Marsha Blackburn (R-TN)
- Senator Cory Booker (D-NJ)
- Senator John Boozman (R-AR)
- Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX)
- Senator Steve Daines (R-MT)
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY)
- Senator Bill Hagerty (R-TN)
- Senator Cynthia Lummis (R-WY)
- Senator Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ)
- Senator John Thune (R-SD)
- Senator Pat Toomey (R-PA)
- Senator Tommy Tuberville (R-AL)
- Senator Ron Wyden (D-OR)
- Representative Jake Auchincloss (D-MA)
- Representative Joyce Beatty (D-OH)
- Representative Ted Budd (R-NC)
- Representative Warren Davidson (R-OH)
- Representative Tom Emmer (R-MN)
- Representative Josh Gottheimer (D-NJ)
- Representative Brett Guthrie (R-KY)
- Representative Bill Huizenga (R-MI)
- Representative Ro Khanna (D-CA)
- Representative Doris Matsui (D-CA)
- Representative Patrick McHenry (R-NC)
- Representative David Schweikert (R-AZ)
- Representative Darren Soto (D-FL)
- Representative GT Thompson (R-PA)
- Representative Ritchie Torres (D-NY)
- Representative Maxine Waters (D-CA)